Building Fire at Jan’s Clothing and Alterations in Gadsden

Officials in Gadsden are thankful that no one was injured in a downtown business fire. The fire originated on the second floor of Jan’s Clothing and Alterations around 7:30 last night when a heating unit caught fire. Janice Stephens, the owner, had been working late and noticed the smoke. Fire officials say the fire quickly escalated and smoke moved to the first floor of the building. Stephens soon alerted fire officials and then they came to the scene. Word of the fire has spread throughout the Gadsden Community and many people are thankful that it didn’t do more damage. Downtown Gadsden Incorporated director, Kay Moore, said she first learned of the fire from a Facebook post and headed out to the location to see for herself, Moore says she is grateful to the Fire Department for their quick response and to the Gadsden Police Department for blocking the streets.

News Posts Archive