The Gadsden Fire Department responds to a house fire this morning and finds the body of a man. According to Fire Chief Stephen Carroll, authorities received a call about a possible fire at a home on 2804 Cambron Street at 8:22AM and the first unit arrived on the scene of the fire in four minutes. When they arrived, the front door was open and there was no visible sign of fire. The fire department later found the fire within the structure of the home with their preliminary search. That is when they discovered the body of 31-year-old Brandon Messer in a back bedroom. Authorities say he died of smoke inhalation and it was an accidental fire. This is the first fire death for Gadsden in three years. The Gadsden Fire Department says that they want to stress the importance of people not fighting house fires. They say if you have a house fire; get out of the house and call 9-1-1.