Name of Man Killed in Fire Released Gadsden

According to Fire Chief Stephen Carroll, Brandon Messer died of smoke inhalation when his home on Cambron Street caught fire between midnight and 2:00 a.m. Wednesday. The blaze began in the living room and investigators found gas lanterns inside that room. Authorities say it’s unknown if Messer had perhaps been using the lanterns for lighting or heat. The Gadsden Fire Department was called to the home about 8:30 Wednesday morning. When they arrived, the front door was open and there was no visible sign of fire, they then found the body of Messer in a back bedroom. Chief Carroll says the fire is considered to be accidental and that this is the first fire death for Gadsden in three years.

Tags:

News Posts Archive