House Fire Claims Victim

A Friday house fire that took place at a mobile home on My Drive in Coldwater, claims the life of one victim. According to Calhoun County Coroner Pat Brown, Terry Harris died Sunday at U-A-B Hospital in Jefferson County. Brown said his office is still awaiting her medical reports from the hospital, and could not confirm a cause of death. Terry Harris was one of two people critically injured in that fire. Her husband, Michael Harris was also injured in the fire, but is now in good condition. The two were taken to R-M-C and later transferred to U-A-B. Oxford Fire Chief Gary Sparks says the couple admitted to an earlier fire. The initial fire was a small fire caused by a cigarette in the bedding. One firefighter and one E-M-S personnel were both transported from the scene to R-M-C with minor injuries and then released on Friday.


News Posts Archive