Deadly House Fire in Etowah County

Friday, March 4, 2016

 

Smoke inhalation from a house fire is the cause of death for a 61 year old man. Etowah County Coroner Michael Head says Tommie Blake died Wednesday in a fire that took place in the 1000 block of South 11th Street. Investigators say it appears the fire started in the kitchen on the stove and Blake was trapped in the bedroom. Head says Blake died at Riverview Regional Medical Center. Blake was the only person inside the home at the time of the fire. Firefighters responded to the scene just before 6:30P.M.

Tags:

Please reload

News Posts Archive