The races at Talladega are just around the corner and on Thursday one of the drivers in contention for the Camping World Truck Series title paid a visit to East Alabama. 25-year old Daniel Hemric drives the No. 19 Ford for Brad Keselowski Racing and Tractor Supply Company is one of his primary sponsors. He made appearances at the Tractor Supply Company stores in Anniston and Talladega on Thursday to promote the upcoming races at the Talladega Superspeedway.
The Camping World Truck Series runs similar format at the Sprint Cup with a playoff-style Chase for the title. (In the featured video you will hear from Hemric as he gets ready for the race and see him race kids' tractors against TV24's Gerhard Mathangani.) Below is some information on Hemric provided by the Talladega Superspeedway.
- Drives the No. 19 California Clean Power/Reese Brands Ford F150 for Brad Keselowski Racing
- Has qualified for the first NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Chase
- Finished second in the regular season standings
- Eight drivers are a part of the Chase in the Truck Series
- Talladega Superspeedway’s fred’s 250 Powered by Coca-Cola will be an elimination race in the Round of 8 where six drivers will advance to the next round at the checkered flag (at TSS)
- This is the second full season for Hemric in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series
- At 25 years old, will make his second start in the fred’s 250 Powered by Coca-Cola
- His truck owner, Brad Keselowski, has won four NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races at Talladega (including this past May in the GEICO 500)
- Started racing go-karts at age of five at Concord Speedway (NC), then on to Bandoleros at age 10, followed by Legends cars at age 16 (won two championships). Over the years, he also competed in Late Model cars, modified cars and eventually a NASCAR Camping World Series Truck (2013). His first full year as a NCWTS driver he finished seventh in the title standings.
- Has already signed with Richard Childress Racing for 2017 where he will drive full-time in the NASCAR XFINITY Series.
For tickets and information on the October 22-23 weekend races (Camping World Truck Series & Sprint Cup Series) at the Talladega Superspeedway visit: https://www.talladegasuperspeedway.com