A local fire brings awareness to checking fire detectors. Calhoun County 911 received a call of a fire on Quail Run in Jacksonville yesterday morning. Jacksonville, Weaver and Alexandria Fire Department along with Piedmont EMS responded. The first arriving Engine Company deployed a ladder to rescue a trapped victim. The fire was easily contained to an upstairs bathroom. One smoke detector was found in the hallway next to the bathroom, however it was not working at the time of the fire. Jacksonville’s Fire Chief, Wade Buckner says it is important to check and replace your fire detectors. Buckner also says that once the detector begins to chirp it means it’s time to replace the batteries. Many hardware stores sell smoke detectors. For more information on smoke detectors contact your local fire department.