Fire at The Right Place

Tuesday, November 22, 2016

A place that helps shelter families in need is experiencing a devastating setback just as the holidays begin. Volunteers and Employees of The Right Place in Anniston have been hard at work to finish the cottages that will soon house four families. And over the weekend, they learned that one of the organization’s duplex buildings caught fire. Thankfully, no one was injured, but the fire forced two families out of a home. Neighbor, Yanesia McLester has lived in the duplex for just a year and says people have been very supportive. McLester says that she and her boys were not home at the time of the fire, and she's thankful that none of their belongings were destroyed. The non-profit organization believes that every person has the right to a safe, decent and affordable home. The Right Place Director, Lori Floyd says they need all the help they can get. The Red Cross has donated money to help put the families in a hotel during this time. If you'd like to make a donation, you can call the organization or visit their website. Floyd says any support would be greatly appreciated.

Tags:

Please reload

News Posts Archive