Oxford Wendy's Burns After Electrical Short


An electrical short in a sign started a fire at an Oxford fast food restaurant. The Oxford Fire Department received the call about the Wendy's off Highway 78 around 9:30 last night. Fire Chief Gary Sparks says the roof collapsed about 10 minutes after firefighters arrived on the scene. The fire was under control within about 30 minutes, but Chief Sparks says there were about 24 fire fighters working right at two hours to completely dowse the flame. Chief Sparks says that the only injury was a pulled muscle suffered by one of the fire fighters.

Tags:

News Posts Archive