Oxford Commons Construction May Resume Soon

Wednesday, July 19, 2017

 

The second part of the Oxford Commons shopping center still sits untouched, but the mayor says that might soon change. The 50,000 square-foot shopping center has sat since the project was plagued with financial issues last year. Though he wouldn’t say where he had heard it, Oxford Mayor Alton Craft says he heard a rumor that work on the site will resume soon. Construction at the center stopped when the leading contractor, Joe N. Guy Construction of Atlanta claimed that the property owner, White Reach Development, had not paid the contractor for some time. The developer and the contractors have been locked on a legal battle since then. The project has been in development since 2011.

Tags:

Please reload

News Posts Archive