Jacksonville City Council Holds Meeting about Proposed Trail Extension

Wednesday, December 19, 2018

 

The City of Jacksonville held an informational meeting for the public to address their concerns and questions about the proposed extension of the Chief Ladiga Trail. The city council wants to extend the trail along George Douthit Drive, Southwest and James Hopkins Road, Southwest. The purpose of the extension is to allow people to walk, bike, or use other non-motorized means of transportation while bringing more visitors to the city.

 

The council is also preparing to submit a Recreational Trails Program grant application to help fund majority of the proposed trail extension. The total cost of the project is $273,000. If the city receives the grant, it will cover 80% of the paving project, leaving the city to be responsible for the remaining 20%. The application for the grant has to be completed and turned in by Friday.

Tags:

Please reload

News Posts Archive